Saturday, January 2, 2010

Zesty Chicken Meatloaf

I am working on Goal 43 for my bucket list, I am pretty sure I can find way more than 52 new recipes this year, more like 80 or so. We shall see! I am also working on #47, which is no red meat or pork for the next 90 days. Look out for tons of chicken and turkey recipes for the next little bit, hehe. Also working on #45 simultaneously.

So here we go with my latest creation (adapted from allrecipes.com)



Zesty Chicken Meatloaf

Ingredients:
1 pound ground chicken
2 eggs
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 packet meatloaf seasoning (taco seasoning is probably also yummy)
3 tbsp salsa
2 tbsp ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Preheat the oven at 350. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, knead with hands and then shape into a loaf form and put in a loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes. Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream if desired.

Makes 8 servings
5 Weight Watchers Points (sour cream extra)

We ate this with steamed rice, corn, and a slice of lime, definitely a mexican vibe to this dish. Hubby loved it and thought it was made with ground beef!

No comments:

Post a Comment