Monday, January 4, 2010

Avena- healthy oatmeal drink



I have been drinking this for breakfast on the way to work in the mornings and I love it. I got this recipe from Gina's blog which I only skimmed through for a few minutes, but I know I will be spending lots of time on there in the future because her weight watchers recipes look awesome and she has tons of them.

Avena Ingredients
1/2 old fashioned or quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup 1% milk
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups water

1. Prepare oatmeal according to package. Typically I microwave 1/2 cup oats and 1 cup of water for 5 minutes.
2. Blend the prepared oatmeal and all other ingredients in blender.
3. Chill for a few hours or blend with ice.

Makes 4 services, 2 Weight Watchers Points each

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica, I absolutely love oatmeal drink for breakfast and I've been drinking it for many years, but I have found an easier way to drink my oatmeal and it takes me no time in the morning. The product is avena Alpina Finesse, it is absolutely delicious and it only has 70 calories per serving,I buy it in my grocery store in Miami but I also order it on Amazon for my for my sister who lives in Texas. If you want to try it, you can go to their website www.alpinaus.com and read some information about this product... let me tell you it will make your mornings less complicated!

    ReplyDelete