Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lemon Cake



My hubby requested a lemon cake for his birthday back in August, so I asked his grandma for the recipe he loves. I whipped up this super simple cake a few months back, and Yvonne's mom had a slice of it and she loved it. It was so moist even though I had made it almost a week earlier before she tasted it. So when her birthday came around last week, I recreated the cake and brought it to her house, along with all the Christmas gifts Yvonne gave me in NC to bring home to her family. It was fun playing Santa!

Lemon Cake ingredients:

1 package of lemon cake w/out pudding

1 pack lemon jello

¾ cup water

4 eggs

¾ c Wesson oil


Blend all together, beat 4 mins on high, scrape sides as it mixes.

Grease and flour 9 inch springform pan.

Bake at 350 for one hour.


I drizzled half a cup of melted cream cheese frosting over the cake to make a glaze-like topping. Top it with whatever you wish, powdered sugar or white chocolate would also be yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Cake looks yummy! I can see why my mom would love it! Heart you!

    ReplyDelete