Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Crockpot Roasting Chicken

I picked up a 5 pound roasting chicken at Winn-Dixie for 6 bucks yesterday. I have always wanted to make a whole chicken in the crockpot, and after how wonderful my Thanksgiving turkey came out, I was itching to make it this week. I skinned the chicken to the best of my ability, took out the neck parts, and this chicken actually came with a packet of seasoning. I had a recipe I was going to use that involved 6 or so different spices, but I decided to be lazy and use the packet it came with. I coated the chicken on all sides, and turned it on low at 10 AM this morning. When I came home from work at 8:30, this is what I saw:



It looked great and the house smelled divine. You can see just how much seasoning came in the packet! My husband asked me if there was any pepper left in the house. Hmph. I cooked it on low for 9 hours, and then my programmable crockpot switched to warm around 7 tonight and I threw a chicken pasta side in the microwave, steamed some corn, and that's whats for dinner. Holy tenderness batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment