I have an obsession with the chimichurri sauce at Los Ranchos and I love eating there just for the chimichurri. This was an attempt to make my own. Although it tasted good, it definitely doesn't compare. I guess we will have to continue to eat there. Oh well! I served it tonight with pan fried chicken tenders, using PAM olive oil spray for less calories.
- 1 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, or combo of both
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper sauce (hot sauce)
- Place the parsley, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, cumin, salt, garlic and hot pepper sauce into the container of a blender or food processor. Blend for about 10 seconds on medium speed, or until ingredients are evenly blended.
3 WW points per serving, makes 12 servingsAmount Per Serving Calories: 133 | Total Fat: 14.2g
With chicken, 5 WW points