Saturday, October 17, 2009

40 Clove Garlic Chicken

I have been insanely busy with work, meeting with brides and vendors, and interviewing for other jobs, I haven't had a lot of time to blog. I generally get home around 9 in the evening on weekdays, sometimes later, so I for sure don't cook a huge meal at that time. Hence my love affair with my crockpot. I currently have 3 of them, but the one I use the most is 3.5 quarts, and was given to my hubby years ago from his mom. Of course he never used it and I had the pleasure of christening it myself. I have been looking through tons of crockpot recipes lately and they are mostly chicken ones because chicken can often be dry, bland, and plain. Therefore I will be posting a bunch of slow cooking recipes over the next few days.

Well my BFF Yvonne has been raving about this dish for awhile, and I have seen several different versions of it on the internet, so I created one based on my own preferences.


40 Clove Garlic Chicken



Ingredients:
1.5-2 pounds any kind of chicken (I use boneless skinless breasts)
1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I actually used about a half cup but I think it was way too much)
Salt
Pepper
1 tsp of Paprika
1 onion, any size or color
40 or so cloves of garlic (I used 3 bulbs)


Directions:
First you need to peel the garlic, or throw it in a pot of boiling water for 60 seconds first, which allows you to peel it easier. (Thanks Yvonne and the internet for this trick.)

Slice the onion so that it makes rings and lay them on the bottom of the crockpot. Salt and pepper the chicken on all sides. Put it in the crockpot- the size of the crockpot doesn't matter too much. It is okay to stack meat and chicken on top of each other, it doesn't all have to touch the bottom. Sprinkle the paprika all over the chicken, and cover with the olive oil.

Throw in your peeled cloves of garlic and set on low 6-8 hours or on high 8-10 hours. You can also use frozen chicken, doesn't have to be thawed, just cook a little longer. We will be eating our chicken with leftover potatoes and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment